My beautiful Aidan...as I take your hand, and we walk through the garden of life, may I be ever open to seeing the world through your eyes...full of innocent wonder, delight and joy. As you take my hand, and we walk through the garden of life, may you be ever open to seeing the world through my eyes...full of gratitude, wisdom and peace. May we be blessed on our 'ramblings' together. Love, Nana

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

On The Day That You Were Born...

Aidan was born on a warm, sunny day in the summer of 2007.  That was the day my life, as I knew it, changed.  My daughter, my only child, had spent the previous nine months planning and making arrangements to have a 'home birth' complete with midwife, doula, candles, and soft music.  What's that saying - "the best laid plans of mice and men..."

 We found ourselves at the hospital, a week past her due date, awaiting a C-section.  Husband, parents and in-laws.  A mixture of anxiety and excitement.  As we awaited the time for the surgery, Canada's famous 'Snowbirds' were performing in a local air show that day, and did a fly-by over the hospital.  It was a welcome distraction!

'A' for Aidan
The surgery took little time, but seemed like forever.  Then, finally, he arrived!  Into the room came the midwife with this screaming little bundle of humanity.  My little grandson!  My beautiful boy!  Cleaned up and swaddled, I held him in my arms for the first time. 

Newborn Baby Aidan
And that was it...in those few moments, he had me wrapped around his little finger as surely and tightly as his little hand was wrapped around mine.  The scent of a newborn baby!  The warmth and wonder!  Welcome Little One...Welcome Little Aidan!






  

2 comments:

  1. How lovely. I too have been blessed with a new grandson (2 older brothers) in December and well know the joy. Ramble on Nana :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful and heart-touching!! what a sweet gorgeous baby!Lovely post!!

    ReplyDelete