My beautiful Aidan...as I take your hand, and we walk through the garden of life, may I be ever open to seeing the world through your eyes...full of innocent wonder, delight and joy. As you take my hand, and we walk through the garden of life, may you be ever open to seeing the world through my eyes...full of gratitude, wisdom and peace. May we be blessed on our 'ramblings' together. Love, Nana

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Nana's Balls!

Ah...the sweet innocence of our little ones!  Several years ago my daughter gave me a lovely gift.  It's a game.  An 'Olde English' version of solitaire.  I love it.  It is a beautiful 'ornament' to me.  The rich colour of the cherry wood.  The cool smoothness of all the marble balls.  It's a fun game to play... even though that usually only happens when I dust! 

My little grandson has now adopted this 'ornament' as his own.  To play with when at Nana's house.  He has lots of other toys  and activities here to play with...trucks, books, stickers.  But no, he loves to play with 'Nana's balls'!  What fun it is to whirl them around the game board!  The faster the better!


We've tried to encourage him to call it other things.  Really, we have!  But no...'Nana's balls' it is!  I'm not sure what will come of this in the future.  I'm really hoping he can move on to other amusements.  At least before he starts school!  But, for now, 'Nana's balls' is what the game shall be!  Oh well, on the bright side of this, I do have lots of them...and they are lovely colours!  Could be worse, right?



No comments:

Post a Comment