My beautiful Aidan...as I take your hand, and we walk through the garden of life, may I be ever open to seeing the world through your eyes...full of innocent wonder, delight and joy. As you take my hand, and we walk through the garden of life, may you be ever open to seeing the world through my eyes...full of gratitude, wisdom and peace. May we be blessed on our 'ramblings' together. Love, Nana

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Welcome!

Welcome to my "Ramblings from Nanaland" blog!  My name is Mari, and I am Nana to a wonderful little boy named Aidan.  I am having so much more fun being a nana than I did being a momma!  Not that being a momma to my beautiful daughter wasn't fun...it was...sometimes!  Well, most of the time!  But, like most parents, I'm sure I took the task of raising my child all too seriously.  But more on that another day!

My writings in this blog are to share the joys of being a nana.  Each and every day my little grandson lights up my life, makes me laugh, and blesses me with his presence.  We think we are here to teach our children and grandchildren all about life, and we do in many ways.  But I am discovering that these little ones are also here to teach us adults many things as well, if only we let them!


Nana & Aidan, Summer 2010

If you are a Nana, it is my wish that these 'ramblings' most of all make you smile, and if you are a momma, it is my wish that perhaps some of my words will give you pause to contemplate a few of the things that I have discovered are important when raising a child (and grandchild!) as well as a few things that just aren't worth 'sweating about'.

Enjoy!  And thanks for stopping by!





 

3 comments:

  1. How utterly darling and I love your blog theme!
    ♥Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful blog!!..and so lovely to meet you..I look forward to seeing more of your world! Shine on!
    Victoria~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sooo in agreement with you! I absolutely loved being a mom, but it wore me out. This grandma gigs is sooo much more fun!

    ReplyDelete