My beautiful Aidan...as I take your hand, and we walk through the garden of life, may I be ever open to seeing the world through your eyes...full of innocent wonder, delight and joy. As you take my hand, and we walk through the garden of life, may you be ever open to seeing the world through my eyes...full of gratitude, wisdom and peace. May we be blessed on our 'ramblings' together. Love, Nana

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Morning Has Broken...

Dragged my insomnia-induced menopausal bones out of bed this morning, moaning to myself and the dog...'what I would give for just one good nights sleep'...pulled up the blind on the kitchen window, and what did I see...

Morning Has Broken
Morning has broken, like the first morning
Blackbird has spoken, like the first bird
Praise for the singing, praise for the morning
Praise for them springing fresh from the world

Sweet the rains new fall, sunlit from heaven
Like the first dew fall, on the first grass
Praise for the sweetness of the wet garden
Spring in completeness where her feet pass

Mine is the sunlight, Mine is the morning
Born of the one light Eden saw play
Praise with elation, praise every morning
God's recreation of the new day
            
                                            Eleanor Farjeon (1931)

Thank You Sun...Thank You Sky...Thank You Clouds...Thank You Trees!
Thank You Spirit/Goddess/Mother Nature...
I will complain no more!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment