My beautiful Aidan...as I take your hand, and we walk through the garden of life, may I be ever open to seeing the world through your eyes...full of innocent wonder, delight and joy. As you take my hand, and we walk through the garden of life, may you be ever open to seeing the world through my eyes...full of gratitude, wisdom and peace. May we be blessed on our 'ramblings' together. Love, Nana

Thursday, February 24, 2011

When 'She' is a 'He'!

So many things I kept packed away, from when my beautiful daughter was a little girl...frilly dresses, patent leather shoes...all for the granddaughter I just knew I'd have someday!

I used to imagine how much fun it would be playing with dolls, and teaching her to cook and sew.  Ha!  The gods sure have a weird sense of humour!  There on the ultrasound, were all the tell-'tail' signs (pardon the pun!) that 'she' was indeed going to be a 'he'!
A happy little 'Aidan-to-Be'
There was disappointment, but it didn't last long.  I just wanted the little guy to be healthy.  I'd learn to love him...I guess!  And I did!  As soon as I saw him, my heart was his.  He's all the little grandchild I've ever wanted and ever will!
And, while he's not much into dolls...he will learn how to cook and sew! 




No comments:

Post a Comment