My beautiful Aidan...as I take your hand, and we walk through the garden of life, may I be ever open to seeing the world through your eyes...full of innocent wonder, delight and joy. As you take my hand, and we walk through the garden of life, may you be ever open to seeing the world through my eyes...full of gratitude, wisdom and peace. May we be blessed on our 'ramblings' together. Love, Nana

Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy St. Valentine's Day!

The little love of my life and I spent some time yesterday making heart-shaped 'birdie cookies'.  I found the recipe on a friend's blog.  It's origin was from a book called Everyday Magic by Dorothy Morrison.

Aidan and I made a few little changes.  We used the peanut butter (1 cup - organic, of course!) and the birdseed (2 cups - premium!) but added a 1/4 cup of melted coconut oil too!  After mixing it all together...Aidan's job...we put it in the fridge for an hour to harden up a little.  then we rolled it into balls; flattened them with a glass bottom into circles (about 1" thick) and shaped them into hearts - Nana's job.

Aidan making 'birdie' cookies!
Into the freezer with them for an hour, then they were hard enough to make holes through the centres for the ribbon (or yarn, about 10" long) to hang them up with.  After leaving them in the freezer overnight, they are now ready!
Valentine 'birdie cookies'!
On with our boots, winter coats, hats and mittens...we head outside to hang our little seed hearts/'birdie cookies' in the trees.

A yummy treat for our feathered friends!
Just spreading a little love around to our feathered (and probably furry!) friends...
Happy St. Valentine's Day!


2 comments:

  1. Oh! I think I know some kids who will LOVE making these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mari, you and Aiden did a marvelous job on those birdie treats! They're gorgeous and I'm sure the birds are enjoying them . . . especially with coconut oil mixed in! Yummy!

    Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving your lovely comments . . . they're always appreciated!

    Blessed Be,
    Tereza
    Embracing My Goddess-Self

    ReplyDelete