My beautiful Aidan...as I take your hand, and we walk through the garden of life, may I be ever open to seeing the world through your eyes...full of innocent wonder, delight and joy. As you take my hand, and we walk through the garden of life, may you be ever open to seeing the world through my eyes...full of gratitude, wisdom and peace. May we be blessed on our 'ramblings' together. Love, Nana

Monday, October 10, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

Today is 'Thanksgiving' here in Canada!  A day to reflect...and acknowledge the abundance we are fortunate to be blessed with.  Though I do take time throughout the year for such reflection and gratitude, it is today that we 'celebrate' and give thanks in a tangible way.

The turkey is in the oven filling the house with it's wonderful aroma.  The potatoes and carrots we grew in the garden this year are in their pots and ready to cook.  Home-made pumpkin and apple pies grace the sideboard in the dining room.  Outside the leaves are a mass of red, gold, orange and green, falling ever so slowly to the ground...the cloudless sky an intense blue on this sunny, warm day.  Unusual weather for this time of year to be sure, but we'll take it -it won't be long before the first snows of winter blow across the land! 

I await the arrival of my little family - my dear husband, my beautiful daughter, her husband, and the little love of my life.  Together we will sit down to a wonderful meal...and give thanks!

On this day I give thanks for my health, my husband, my home, and my family.  Good health is a true blessing we only miss when we don't have it.  My home is small, but it is all I need, filled with treasures gathered over the years.  My family grace my days and fill me with joy, pride and love. 

Some of the things I am especially thankful for...

...the Lake and Autumn leaves at my sister's cottage!

...Autumn Leaves in the rain!

...Home-made Pumpkin Pie!

  And most of all...

...my adorable, wonderful, beautiful, funny Aidan!

Abundant Blessings!

2 comments:

  1. Oh how I wish I could pull up a chair and share in your celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo much to be thankful for.
    That boy is such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete