My beautiful Aidan...as I take your hand, and we walk through the garden of life, may I be ever open to seeing the world through your eyes...full of innocent wonder, delight and joy. As you take my hand, and we walk through the garden of life, may you be ever open to seeing the world through my eyes...full of gratitude, wisdom and peace. May we be blessed on our 'ramblings' together. Love, Nana

Friday, October 21, 2011

A Day of First's!

The 'little love of my life' greeted me at the door at 8 a.m this morning, with a big kiss and hug for his Nana!  What a way to start the day!  He is usually in great spirits every morning, but today was special, and excitement was in the air!

Waiting for the big yellow school bus!
Off we went to school, where a big yellow school bus was waiting to take all the kindergarten kids to the pumpkin farm!  Aidan's first time on a school bus!  His first time to a pumpkin farm!  His first time in a barn full of cows, pigs, horses and chickens!  What a day!  Such excitement! 

Riding to the Pumpkin Farm!
I went along as a 'teacher's helper' with some other mums and Nana's.  A bumpy ride on the bus, but all the more fun the bumpier it was, judging by the squeals of delight from thirty little four and five year olds.  The day started cold and grey, with rain clouds rolling across the sky, but somehow the sun managed to come out and light up the autumn leaves and the hundreds of bright orange pumpkins dotted around the farm.

'I found a Pumpkin, Nana!'
After touring the barn and learning about all the farm animals, it was off to the pumpkin patch to pick our very own pumpkin!  And what a lovely pumpkin was chosen!

One Happy Little Boy!
The morning ended with a walk through the corn maze, then it was back on the bus and back to school.  What an adventure, and what stories we were told for the rest of the day.

I know a little boy who will be dreaming about pumpkins tonight!

3 comments:

  1. I can still remember MY first trip as a kindergartener, and I am OLD!
    I'm sure he will NEVER forget it. NEVER!
    And you were there...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! How beautiful...lovely post as always!! and oh my..he is such a sweetie and those pumpkins and all the colors looks gorgeous! Wishing you many blessings this Samhain!
    Hugs and sparkles and blessings all around you friend!
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete