My beautiful Aidan...as I take your hand, and we walk through the garden of life, may I be ever open to seeing the world through your eyes...full of innocent wonder, delight and joy. As you take my hand, and we walk through the garden of life, may you be ever open to seeing the world through my eyes...full of gratitude, wisdom and peace. May we be blessed on our 'ramblings' together. Love, Nana

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Back from being AWOL

It's hard to believe that it has been two months since my last post!  That day was a beautiful, sunny late fall day.  Warm enough to draw us to the beach just one last time before the cold days of winter set in.
Once December arrived on my doorstep, life became a whirl of baking, decorating, and gift making for the holiday season.  Somewhere in there I found some time to spend with Aidan, making memories for him to remember.
In between the sniffles and sore throats that seem to run rampant among the kindergarten children, we did get to visit Santa...


...and we did get to make a gingerbread house this year...


...and some (rice crispy) 'coal' for Papa...




...and Nana did get to light and enjoy her Yule log...


...and a little boy did get to lay under the Christmas tree and dream of 'monster trucks'...


The little love of my life doesn't have TV, so fortunately he is not exposed to all the advertisements for kids toys.  He is however, allowed to spend a little time each day on 'youtube' watching garbage trucks pick up garbage (who knew!?) as well as his latest interest, Monster Trucks (aghh!!)  So, since being in possession of no more than four garbage trucks, he decided he'd like a monster truck for Christmas this year.  We managed to find the biggest, ugliest monster truck, much to his delight!

And in the peace and quiet of the post-Christmas days, I found myself outdoors on the day of the last full moon of 2012, and looking up to the sky to see...


...the 'old' world leaving, under the wings of the dove of Peace, and a 'new' world descending on a beautiful rainbow.  Happy New Year!

January snuck in quietly, and I enjoyed having some time to reclaim my pre-December life.  Sewing, cooking, taking care of parents, Tuesdays and Thursdays with Aidan.  Then the 'flu bug' hit!  Went away, then came back for another visit!  And that's how we've spent most of January.  Dare I say we see light at the end of the tunnel?  Let's hope February sees a return to good health for us all! 

2 comments:

  1. Yay hello sweet friend..welcome back! What a beautiful post...such special memories with the little one..he is so sweet! I love your gorgeous Yule Log..inspiring and magical..! and not fun when the flu bug visits..hope you are all well soon!
    Take care..thanks for sharing your beautiful world..and also thanks for visiting me..it touched my heart!
    HUgs and Blessings , and wishing you Magic and Bliss this 2013!
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was just making my way through your blog updating everything and couldn't help but remark on how amazing it was to see Aidan grow through the years. Wow!
    Best♥
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete