My beautiful Aidan...as I take your hand, and we walk through the garden of life, may I be ever open to seeing the world through your eyes...full of innocent wonder, delight and joy. As you take my hand, and we walk through the garden of life, may you be ever open to seeing the world through my eyes...full of gratitude, wisdom and peace. May we be blessed on our 'ramblings' together. Love, Nana

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Oh, the weather outside is frightful...

...but that doesn't stop the little love of my life from wanting a popsicle upon arriving for a visit at Nana's house today!

It's soooo cold, Nana...
It began to snow late morning, just when the kids where getting out of school for lunch, and of course Aidan's first request was to 'go wee' down the hill on his toboggan...but it was just too frightful outside for that!  So, he was happy to settle for a trip to Nana's house for a popsicle.

...but soooo yummy!
 I thought today would be a good 'craft' day, so once the popsicle was done, out came the toasted 'O's and pipe cleaners.  This project is something I found in my travels on an amazing website called Pinterest  (If you haven't yet heard of it, check it out...it's quite addictive!)  It's a site where people can 'pin' links to all the things they love, be it crafts, recipes, travel, etc.

I found the instructions for making these 'bird feeders' on a blog called Under the Table and Dreaming and thought they would be a great afternoon project to do with Aidan.

This is very serious work!
  He had a great time stringing the 'O's onto the pipe cleaners, while Nana tied off the ends and shaped them into hearts.  Aidan also took upon himself the task of 'quality control inspector' and managed to find a good supply of defective 'O's...and promptly disposed of them into his tummy!

Look, Nana...I did it!
 Fortunately there were enough 'O's that did pass the 'quality inspection', and we were able to make a chain of four heart-shaped feeders.  The next thing we had to do was go outside in the frightfully snowy weather and hang the chain of 'O's up for the birds to enjoy.

Now all we need are the birds!
 Papa arrived home from work, and he and Aidan worked hard shoveling the snow that was piling up in the driveway.  While I had a few minutes to just breath...and enjoy the beauty of the fallen snow in my little garden.





I guess it's not so 'frightful' after all!

 

1 comment: