My beautiful Aidan...as I take your hand, and we walk through the garden of life, may I be ever open to seeing the world through your eyes...full of innocent wonder, delight and joy. As you take my hand, and we walk through the garden of life, may you be ever open to seeing the world through my eyes...full of gratitude, wisdom and peace. May we be blessed on our 'ramblings' together. Love, Nana

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

My very own little Super-Hero!

When Aidan was about a year or so old he would love to 'ham it up' for the camera.  Not so much anymore...I can rarely distract him long enough to even 
look at the camera these days!  He decided he liked being 'superman' (even though he didn't have a clue who superman was!) and I was able to take loads of photos of him in superman mode... 

Look Nana...I'm Super-Baby!
Later that year I even found a superman Halloween costume, but my little 'superman' was super cranky that day...
A very cranky Superman!
The photos were so funny...and they got me to thinking.  Hmmm...off to the drawing board I went, where I whipped up a pattern for a super-hero cape, cut out the fabric and had it made up in an hour or so...


Of course, I had to make one for the other little super-hero in our family...


The following spring, off to the beach we went for a picnic, capes in tow, where I got some great photos of both boys (oops, sorry...super-heroes!)...

Super-hero Aidan

Super-hero Emmet
Some moms were asking where we got the capes, and 'the rest is history' as they say!  For over two years now I've been making and selling the capes across Canada and the USA from my website and I also have the capes listed on etsy 

It's a bird...it's a plane...

...it's Super-Aidan!
Aidan now has a whole 'wardrobe' of capes...I made him one for Canada Day, with a maple leaf emblem, and another with totem poles, which he wore to his first 'pow wow', but I think his favourite has been the Thomas the Tank Engine cape. 
It sure is fun having my very own little super-hero!

2 comments:

  1. Sooo cute!
    LOVE the capes.
    Do you make them in super-duper queen size for grandma's who still imagine being super?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh...what a sweetheart..such a charming superhero!! And wow..such beautiful pictures...yay! That was fun...very special!!
    HUgs and sparkles
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete