My beautiful Aidan...as I take your hand, and we walk through the garden of life, may I be ever open to seeing the world through your eyes...full of innocent wonder, delight and joy. As you take my hand, and we walk through the garden of life, may you be ever open to seeing the world through my eyes...full of gratitude, wisdom and peace. May we be blessed on our 'ramblings' together. Love, Nana

Friday, July 8, 2011

This ain't 'Kansas' Auntie Em!

Woke up this morning to the sound of early birds singing in the trees outside my window.  A cool breeze blowing through the room, landing at my feet with a sigh...Ahhhh! 
I didn't have to go anywhere.  I didn't have to do anything, except enjoy the birds, the breeze and the cool, crisp cotton sheets as I lay on the bed that surrounded, embraced, and upheld my once weary bones.
This sure ain't 'Kansas' Auntie Em!
A short respite from the crazy busy days of my normal, everyday life took me to the home of my 'adopted boy child' Walter.  Not so much a child anymore, but a grown man now, and the son of my dearest friend, who passed away just last year.
Walter 'adopted' me as his 'second mom' many years ago.  We have laughed and cried together.  Been each other's confidant and advisor.  Every so often, we put our busy lives on hold, and take some time to just 'hang out' together...watch movies, eat, and catch up on what's happening in our lives.
Yesterday was one of those days.  Slept like a baby in the guest room of his lovely new house, until the birds announced it was morning.  As I lay in the quiet of the still, cool morning, I decided there was a word for this...Bliss!   Indeed that is what is was.  Thank you, Walter.

It's good to be home!
All too soon, I had to return to 'Kansas'.  The little love of my life was waiting for my at the train station.  Nana! Nana!  I heard him before I saw him.
There is no place like home, Auntie Em!

3 comments: