My beautiful Aidan...as I take your hand, and we walk through the garden of life, may I be ever open to seeing the world through your eyes...full of innocent wonder, delight and joy. As you take my hand, and we walk through the garden of life, may you be ever open to seeing the world through my eyes...full of gratitude, wisdom and peace. May we be blessed on our 'ramblings' together. Love, Nana

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Hazy, Lazy, Summer Days!

It's another hot one today!  With no end in sight to the hot and hazy days of summer.  My body and soul crave the breath of cool air in my lungs.  Grabbed the little love of my life, a few snacks, my fold up chair, and headed to the 'stream park'.  On go the water shoes (his, not mine!) and off into the stream he goes!

Tons of rocks, Nana!
 How lucky am I?  Sitting back in the shade of a huge maple tree, watching Aidan pick up rocks and fling them into the water.  Life is good!

More rocks, Nana!
Butterflies flitter.  Dragonflies glide along on the warm breeze that flutters through the trees.  Falling leaves land in the water and I watch as they float and skip their way down the stream.  I have to momentarily close my eyes and take in all the sounds.  Or lack thereof!  All I hear is the rustle of leaves in the trees, a few birds singing off in the distance, and the water babbling as it rushes over the boulders in the stream.  Ahhhh!

Plop, Plop, in they go!
Oh yes...and the sound of rocks landing...ploop, plop, into the water they go, hurled through the air by my dear little grandson.  Rock...after rock...after rock!  He never tires of it.   I dreamily imagine him a famous baseball pitcher some day, making tons of money, so he can look after his old, drooling nana.  Hmmm...
This is a good summer's day!  As Aidan like's to remind me..."Life's Good Nana!"
Indeed it is, little one!

No comments:

Post a Comment