My beautiful Aidan...as I take your hand, and we walk through the garden of life, may I be ever open to seeing the world through your eyes...full of innocent wonder, delight and joy. As you take my hand, and we walk through the garden of life, may you be ever open to seeing the world through my eyes...full of gratitude, wisdom and peace. May we be blessed on our 'ramblings' together. Love, Nana

Monday, May 23, 2011

Top o' the Mornin' Mr. O'Bama

Just catching up on today's news, and I see President O'Bama paid a visit to dear old Ireland today!  Even managed to down a pint of Guinness!  So, in honour of his visit, I thought I'd share a few (pre-election) photos I had stashed away...

O'Bama Baby Aidan
Like a lot of people around the world, I too got swept up with 'Obama fever' and got a little creative with the fabric paints!  I thought it would be fun to paint shirts for Aidan and Emmet, (OK...all the 'nanas' got one too!) with a little touch of Ireland to boot,  hence the O'Bama and the shamrocks!  Who knew the man himself would turn out to have Irish ancestors! 

My daughter Erin, my Irish mother Bridie, my sister 'Nana Carol' and O'Bama Babies-Aidan and Emmet
The election of Obama was a historic time, not just for America, but for the rest of the world.  People's spirits were lifted, and their hearts filled with much needed hope for the future.  While the shirts were all for fun, I also wanted the boys to have something to look back on for that time in their lives...to say 'we were there' (sort of!)  It was a time to dare to hope for a brighter future for our children and grandchildren.  That it is possible.  I still believe it is.  So, Cead Mile Faite, Mr. O'Bama...a hundred thousand welcomes!  Hope the Craic was good, and the Guinness warm!


2 comments:

  1. I'm from Ireland and even over here we got swept up in the emotion of it all. My fiance and I had been following Obama's political progress for years (he's a politics post-grad and I'm a journalist so we're sort of news junkies) and we stayed up all night to watch the election. Goose bumps were felt! And yup, he did indeed pay us a wee visit :) Don't you know that every American president has Irish ancestors? It's part of the criteria for office! ;) Anyway, love the pics. So cute. And thanks for following my blog!

    Roisin x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these are fabulous and it's so nice to know you supported Obama too. He may not have made all the choices we've wanted but he's been better than his predecessor by a long shot!
    ♥Sharon

    ReplyDelete