My beautiful Aidan...as I take your hand, and we walk through the garden of life, may I be ever open to seeing the world through your eyes...full of innocent wonder, delight and joy. As you take my hand, and we walk through the garden of life, may you be ever open to seeing the world through my eyes...full of gratitude, wisdom and peace. May we be blessed on our 'ramblings' together. Love, Nana

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Papa Play Pennies! (aka Nana Roll It!)

I have to admit it.  I started it.  It was a day when the weather kept us indoors and I thought I'd go mad if I had to endure, yet again, the video of Mario the garbage truck man throwing one more bag of garbage into the garbage truck!
So I took the coin jar down from the shelf.  Grabbed a couple of big spoons.  Sat my darling, garbage truck obsessed grandson and myself down on the floor, and scattered a handful of coins across the floor.  A new 'game' was born!
Coins were snatched up and flung across the floor to the utter delight of one little boy.  For further excitement I began to roll the coins across the floor to see how far they would travel.  This too was a hit!  We called it the 'Nana Roll It' game. 

Playing Pennies!
As luck would have it, Papa came home early from work, and was utterly delighted to take over the game from Nana.  It has become a ritual now while at Nana and Papa's house.  Apparently Papa is way more fun to play with.  Papa excels at hitting the wall with the coins, bouncing them in the air, and best of all, getting the occasional coin to roll over and fall down the heat vent!
The game now has a new name...Papa Play Pennies!  The down side to this game is the 'pick up and put back in the jar' game (for which my canning jar magnet now has a new career!)  The up side to this game is the joy, delight and peals of laughter from one happy little boy (O.K...one Nana and Papa, too!)
And there's an extra bonus.  Aidan now knows the difference between a penny, a nickle, a dime, and a quarter!

1 comment: