My beautiful Aidan...as I take your hand, and we walk through the garden of life, may I be ever open to seeing the world through your eyes...full of innocent wonder, delight and joy. As you take my hand, and we walk through the garden of life, may you be ever open to seeing the world through my eyes...full of gratitude, wisdom and peace. May we be blessed on our 'ramblings' together. Love, Nana

Thursday, November 1, 2012

There goes Summer! Here comes Fall!

Yesterday was Halloween, and I can't believe it's been three months since I last wrote about my little grandson! 
Summer was long and very hot, with lazy days spent at the beach or at home in the pool.  Anything to keep cool! 
In August, we did manage several early morning trips to the blueberry farm for our annual berry picking, where Aidan usually eats more berries than go into the buckets!

Nana...help!!
September finally arrived, and with it a return to school for Aidan, this year to senior kindergarten, and all-day classes.  It's been an adjustment for us all!  
Both momma and Nana are enjoying the extra time in our days, but we sure do miss spending our afternoons together.  Aidan is loving school, and has 'come out of his shell' and is now much more social with his classmates, and enjoys learning new words, along with music and gym classes.

September took Nana off to France and England for a holiday (more on that amazing trip later!)  I thought I'd miss the little love of my life, but I was so busy enjoying my new adventures every day, I didn't really have much time to miss anyone!
Being away for three weeks, it took almost that amount of time to 'catch up' on life when I returned home...mail, housework, ironing...all the things hubby just doesn't think need attention!
Then we all got bronchitis!  Yet, we 'soldiered on' through the coughing and total lack of energy, to play in the falling leaves and enjoy the cool, crisp days of fall. 


                        

Somewhere along the way, I found the time to make Aidan's Halloween costume for this year!  While he still loves his garbage trucks, there are other interests these days (thank heavens!)  Dinosaurs are currently dominating his free time, and so nothing would do but he would have to be a dinosaur this Halloween!

Together we made treats for his classmates, and off he went to school with his costume in tow, where he and fellow classmates got to parade around the school and visit all the other classes. 


After school, and too excited to eat supper, he awaited nightfall... 


Is it dark yet?
 
Let's go!
 Then it was back into the costume and off into the night to trick or treat.  The weather wasn't the greatest, with light rain and winds, remnants of Hurricane Sandy, but we didn't let that 'put a damper' on the evenings festivities!  After sharing some treats, it was off to bed for one tired little boy! 

Oh, I did manage to make a little Halloween surprise for my daughter as well...


How cute is that?!  You can find the 'how to' instructions, courtesy of Camilla Fabbri at Camilla Fabbri Designs

I hope all the little goblins out there in blogland had a wonderful Halloween!

I'll be back soon with tales of Paris........ahhh!






3 comments:

  1. Emmet loves dinosaurs too! We should do a trip to the ROM. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh he is absolutely adorable!! What a wonderful job you did on this ~ you even stuffed all those scales and added toenails! I love that you went with something that would keep him warm too so he didn't have to cover up in the cold. Bravo!
    ♥Sharon

    ReplyDelete