My beautiful Aidan...as I take your hand, and we walk through the garden of life, may I be ever open to seeing the world through your eyes...full of innocent wonder, delight and joy. As you take my hand, and we walk through the garden of life, may you be ever open to seeing the world through my eyes...full of gratitude, wisdom and peace. May we be blessed on our 'ramblings' together. Love, Nana

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

I Feel a Birthday Coming On!

Just a few more days until the big party!  Aidan is turning 5 years old!  Where did the past five years go?  Our 'little baby' is just a wonderful memory, and our 'little boy' now graces our lives every day.
I am so grateful to have been blessed these past five years with such a wonderful little grandson.  He is truly the light of my life.  He brings laughter to my big grown-up world.


And so, the big number five!  What to do to celebrate that will leave lasting memories with a special little boy? Hmmm!
After scouring the Internet for ideas, the obvious presented itself.  This child is obsessed (and I use the term lightly!) with garbage trucks!  His little life revolves around seeing all the garbage trucks on garbage day!  He owns three garbage trucks!  He has garbage truck videos and books!


And so the search was on.  There isn't much out there on 'garbage truck birthday parties.'  But, much to my delight, I did find some blogs with some wonderful ideas.  And what a relief to discover my little Aidan wasn't the only child obsessed with garbage trucks!
So plans for the big day are in the works, and so far so good.  My dilemma now is making a birthday cake that looks reasonably like a garbage truck!  Oh, the stress of it all!


Stay tuned for all the photos and links to the blogs with all the wonderful 'garbage truck party' ideas!

2 comments: