My beautiful Aidan...as I take your hand, and we walk through the garden of life, may I be ever open to seeing the world through your eyes...full of innocent wonder, delight and joy. As you take my hand, and we walk through the garden of life, may you be ever open to seeing the world through my eyes...full of gratitude, wisdom and peace. May we be blessed on our 'ramblings' together. Love, Nana

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Santa's Busy Elves!

Nana's house has been a very busy place these past few weeks!  Like Santa's workshop...almost!
Aidan's great-grandma 'GG' has a lovely little fabric tree that she made for her home, so I decided to try my hand at making one as well. It's McCall's pattern #3777.  Then I thought it would look cute as an 'advent tree' and so set about making little felt 'balls' and embroidered the days of December up to Christmas Eve, made them into little pockets and filled each one with a chocolate treat...

Aidan's Advent Calendar Tree
In my travels through 'blogland' I found some wonderful projects.  Some fun for Aidan, and some fun for Nana.  From my friend Kimmie at The Serendipity Cafe I found these very cute chocolate cars.  Gathering all the ingredients together, Aidan and I spend a fun afternoon assembling the teddy bear cars...

Decorated by Aidan...of course!
Look yummy, Nana!

We had to have snow...naturally!
 We were both very happy with the results, however it didn't last very long, and teddy's and cars were soon gobbled up!

I did manage to find the time to work on a few sewing projects of my own.

I found the instruction for these fabric bookmarks at 7 Layer Studio and just had to make them for all the kids in Aidan's Kindergarten class...


And for family and friends...


I designed this cushion cover myself from scrap fabrics, and made it (and bookmarks, of course!) for Christina, the Teacher's assistant in Aidan's class...


 I found some great fabric printed with musical notes and bars, and decided to make up a set of men's suspenders, belt and and bowtie (and bookmarks, of course!) for Aidan's teacher, who is also a music teacher, and a set for a friend who is a musician...
  

Of course, Aidan had to have suspenders, bow ties and belts!  I found a great tutorial posted by Ashley at Make It And Love It  I made a set for both Aidan and his cousin Emmet in Christmas fabric, which they both wore to their school concerts.  I thought they were so cute, I just had to make more (and more, and more...)  All the nephews are getting sets for Christmas this year!


I ran with the bow tie theme and made up several headbands for all the girls...
  

  And then there was egg painting for the Christmas Egg Roll at the family Christmas party...

More eggs please Nana!
The sewing is all done for this year, and I still have a little more baking to do, but I did take the time to enjoy the wonders of the season through my livingroom window...


 
And today,we made gingerbread men for Aidan to give to his classmates...

Lots of Naked Gingerbread Men!

These decoration taste good, Nana!
  
I did it!
 So you see, we have been very busy little elves! 

Aidan and I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

2 comments:

  1. My word you have been busy! Aidan is very lucky to have a Nana like you. Marry Christmas to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were very busy! And it all looks like tons of fun!

    ReplyDelete