My beautiful Aidan...as I take your hand, and we walk through the garden of life, may I be ever open to seeing the world through your eyes...full of innocent wonder, delight and joy. As you take my hand, and we walk through the garden of life, may you be ever open to seeing the world through my eyes...full of gratitude, wisdom and peace. May we be blessed on our 'ramblings' together. Love, Nana

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Welcome, Spring!

It was a beautiful spring day today!  The snow has all but melted away (at least in this part of Canada!)  Our first of many (oh, so many!) trips to the beach.  The lake beckons like a magnet.  The little love of my life and I pick up where we left off last fall, when the biting cold and early snows of winter finally sent us on to warmer activities.

We pass by the park without a thought or desire to play on the swings and slide.  The boy has a mission on his mind.  Throwing rocks into the lake!  Lots of rocks!  Lots of rocks that Nana has to collect and deposit at his feet!  A never ending supply of rocks to throw into the lake.  It is his passion.  It is where he wants to be and asks to go to when he wakes up in the morning.

More rocks please, Nana!
I kind of get it!  Not the endless rock throwing thing...but I do get the wanting to be there.  That primal draw that pulls us to water, thing.  And so we go.  It will be every day, weather permitting.  Aidan for the rock throwing.  Nana for the blissful sound of crashing waves, warm sunshine and cool breezes.

Noisy waves, Nana!
Sitting in the sand, cheering him on, I can't help but wonder if one day (many years from now, hopefully!) it will be the other way around.   Aidan bringing his Nana to the beach.  Collecting rocks and placing them at my feet, so I can throw them into the lake.  Maybe he'll find that quiet place in his heart where the crashing waves, warm sunshine and cool breezes make us all 'one with the universe.'  Maybe he and I will find it together.  I hope so.

2 comments:

  1. Awww..such a beautiful post..lovely photos..and yes what a lovely thought of the future..sounds magical!
    HUgs and Blessings of the spring season my friend!
    Victoria~

    ReplyDelete